4 Can or must the matrimonial property regime be registered?

4.1. Do one or more matrimonial property registers exist in your country? Where?

Agreements between spouses on separate property shall be registered in the Personal Register maintained by the Court of Registration, Majsmarken 5, 9500 Hobro (Telephone: 99685800, Facsimile: 99685801, www.tinglysning.dk).

4.2. Which documents are registered? Which information is registered?

The agreement as a whole is registered, including information on which assets shall belong to the separate property.

4.3. How and by whom can the information in the register be accessed?

All information in the Personal Register is publicly available.

4.4. What are the legal effects of registration (validity, opposability)?

Agreements on separate property shall only be valid if registered.